SAUD AL DARMI
Saud is a licensed Saudi attorney who specializes in dispute resolution and commercial law with a particular emphasis on advising on contentious and non-contentious tax matters. His extensive knowledge of the Kingdom’s tax and customs’ rules and regulations and how they are interpreted by government authorities and implemented on a day-to-day basis provides him with a distinct advantage in advising clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Saud worked as an associate at Eversheds Sutherland in its Riyadh office and as a Tax Legal Advisor at Zakat, Tax and Customs Authority (ZATCA) of Saudi Arabia.
- Dispute Resolution
Saud’s experience includes advising:
- A UAE-based international distributor on transfer pricing regulations and related party risks
- A high-net worth family office on tax efficient corporate structuring with regards to potential real estate tax implications and tax mitigation
- A prominent software distributor on withholding implications pertaining to payments between multiple GCC entities and providing advice in relation to related litigation
- A renowned technology and software distributor regarding strategic advice on applicable withholding tax and VAT laws and as well as representation before a GCC-based tax dispute forum pertaining to withholding tax and VAT payments through 11 different disputes
- A major software distributor relating to settlement negotiations with a GCC-based tax authority
- A household-named GCC petroleum company on applicable Zakat laws as well as representation before a GCC-based tax dispute forum in relation to five different disputes with the relevant tax authority
- Masters in Dispute Resolution (MDR), Pepperdine University School of Law, USA
- LLB, King Saud University School of Law, Saudi Arabia
- Ministry of Justice, Saudi Arabia
- Certified Mediator, Saudi Center for Commercial Arbitration, Saudi Arabia